Quirky Facts about America
- ‘I recognise every word, but I have no idea what you’re saying’ – Pennsylvania Dutch language, which isn’t actually Dutch…
- What’s a Cajun?
- Is it soda or pop? – 27 different maps on the different way Americans do things
Unique Stories from American History
- Multicultural America – a great listing of almost all subgroups of Americans and their history in America
- Go for Broke – History of the All Japanese-American 442nd Regimental Combat Team, WW2
- Who Built America’s Railroad?
- Scandinavian America – how they came to settle in America, with the largest Norwegian American festival in South Dakota: Norsk Høstfest
- How Kogi BBQ’s story is (almost) the classic American immigrant story. How Korean American Roy Choi kickstarted the food truck craze, and put Korean fusion tacos on the American culinary map for good.
- Americanized Chinese food, does it get any more American than egg foo young, whatever that is?
- West Virginia’s Italian heritage.
- Black Eyed Peas, a southern new year’s tradition? In case you’re hankering to try it, here are 20 recipes for you!
- Peanut Butter, a truly American icon.